Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First of May - Bee Gees


When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall,

we used to love while others used to play.
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
some one else moved in from far away.
Now we are tall, and Christmas trees are small,
and you don't ask the time of day.
But you and I, our love will never die,
but guess we'll cry come first of May.
The apple tree that grew for you and me,
I watched the apples falling one by one.
And I recall the moment of them all,
the day I kissed your cheek and you were mine.
Now we are tall, and Christmas trees are small,
and you don't ask the time of day.
But you and I, our love will never die,
but guess we'll cry come first of May.
When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall,
Don't ask me why, but time has passed us by,
some one else moved in from far away...

爸爸是个ABC,所以小时候我们都听了不少超经典的老歌,也认识了不少的老歌手。直到现在,至少我认为没有任何一个人能够媲美他们。
在那么多歌手当中,我印象最深刻的,就是Elvis Presley,Bee Gees和The Beatles。最近,“从新”认识了Randy Travis,因为他的一首“I Told You So”,也是爸爸“带起”的一首歌。

最近,超级沉迷这首歌《First of May》,它不是一首圣诞歌却很有圣诞feel,可能是因为歌词里有Christmas Tree的原因吧?

When we were small and Christmas trees were tall
Now we are tall but Christmas tress are small
Things get so different when we grow tall
How I wish the Christmas trees are always tall
And we are always small

1 comment:

  1. 原來妳也是老人精。。。呵呵。。。
    我也蠻喜歡Oldies。。不過個人特別喜歡的是"披頭四"與"Air Supply"囉。。。

    ReplyDelete

凡走过必留下痕迹
凡潜过必留下水迹
凡停过必留下字迹